Pregnancy Community

DEPO-PROVERA SHOT

Can I get pregnant a day after getting the shot ?  anyone who has been on the shot before ? What was your experience ?
Yes you can in fact the whole first 12 weeks are unsafe. I got pregnant 6 weeks into my first shot. You need to use protection until after your second shot, only then is it built up in your system.
Where did you hear 12 weeks? My dr told me I was good to go two weeks after my first shot but to wait a month just to be safe..... Got me all kinds of scared now girl lol
Are you serious ? ... I just got my 1st shot yesterday and had sex today and I told my husband to not finish inside and he did ... I just had my baby 5 weeks ago sooo does this mean I could be pregnant again ? Already ? =-O:-(
If she's right about the 12w then yes, we could. Both be actually...  :/ I'm only almost 3 months pp. call your dr on Monday and ask for some details.
According to webmd it works immediately if given within the first five days of your period. So I'm guessing that my dr was right about the two weeks to a month thing. Had you gotten your period yet?
I did get my period already and it stopped about 3-2 days ago