Pregnancy Community

Heartburn

sorry this is kinda OT, but does anyone know what to use for extremely horrible heartburn/indesgestion during pregnancy? The other day. for lunch i had barbeque chicken sandwhich ( chicken patty with barbeque sauce on it lol) and ever since then ive been having this heartbearn reallly bad and we have nothing at my house, and i have a man teacher. enuff said. you know how men dont think anything is wrong with u until your practically on ur death bed. Also, does anyone kno of any home remedies for heartburn until i can get to the store.
I live on the extra strength tums....the calcium is good for the baby.....and milk helps
My dr. recommended Mylanta.  She says tums is ok but by the last trimester my heartburn was so severe that she said Mylanta will coat my stomach more.  It did help a little bit more.  If I were you though, I would stay away from the barbeque sauce.

Like Brown Eyed Gurl - Milk helped me as well.  I would eat a bowl of cereal and it would go away for a little while.  

Gaviscon and rennies.

my doc gave me the OK to use Zantac and it works wonders!!!!!
it can also be bought over the counter
I used TUMS and although it didn't totally alleviate it, it made it bearable....
ive been using generic zantac which my doctor prescribed for me. its called rantidine and its a life saver!