Pregnancy Community

INDIGESTION.....PLZ HELP!!

PLEASE HELP LADIES INDIGESTION DRIVING ME CRAZY PAIN IS TERRIBLE CANT SEE GP TILL MONDAY....ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!
just don't get TUMS, I was using it for days and it helped but i noticed it would make my indigestion worse as days would go by and id be popping tums like there was no tomorrow. I stopped that asap.  Apple Cider Vinegar is meant to help.. read up on it. Medication wise, my doctor said that Zantac is ok to take?? Or you can get something prescribed. I just drink milk and a table spoon of sour cream when I get indigestion. Eating a yogurt a day helps digestion regular with the good bacteria cultures. Good luck hun.
I used zantac and it worked pretty well...I have a hiatal hernia so my indigestion during pregnancy was absolutely unreal and hurt so bad. Like m3lanie, I used to drink a glass of milk with a spoonful of (sweet) cream when it was bad, too. I couldn't take tums or any other of the calcium-based antacids because I have semi-chronic calcium kidney stones and they ARE chronic when I'm pregnant due to the different calcium absorption rates while you're pregnant...at any rate, I suffered for a long time before I was told to take zantac and it really made a difference, but ask your pharmacist and they can advise you about it until you can see your GP monday. :)