Pregnancy Community

Is cramping in early pregnancy normal?

I am almost 6W pregnant and I have been having cramping really since I found out 2 weeks ago. My nurse says this is totally normal and I have looked on-line and it says cramping in 1st trimester is totally normal. I have had no spotting, but keep reading if you have cramping to call your Doctor. I also talked to my friend today who has had 2 kids and she said she never had cramps and she sounded concerned about that. They are not bad, but are very noticeable. Thanks!
With my first two kids I had no cramping at all and with this one I did for about 2 weeks at the begining.  Dr. said it was normal and I am 13w and everything is fine.
Thanks. I read this symptom everywhere and my nurse said totally normal, but it doesn't seem like many had this. This forum is great!! Thanks!!
I had period like cramping until 6 weeks pregnant.
I had cramps and strange pulling feelings in my abdomen until 6 weeks or so. Sometimes the cramps were sharp pains, nothing big! Good Luck and take care!!!! :)
I had period like cramping in my abdomen too for a while in the first trimester. Probably until 8 weeks or more. It wasn't really bad either. I think the cramping that is involved in a m/c is very strong and keeps getting worse and usually has bleeding with it. But what you seem to describe sounds pretty normal to me. I'm 19 weeks now and all is going well. My crampiness has actually come and gone even now, I think it can happen from bloating and also uterus growth. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
When I was pregnant with my DS and DD, I had no cramping at all.  This pregnancy, though, I had period-like cramping (though milder) for most of the first trimester (I'm now 25 weeks and all is fine).  My ob/gyn said it is only dangerous if it is accompanied by bleeding, but did a couple of extra ultrasounds to make sure everything was okay.  She also said that cramping which leads to m/c progresses  - it gets worse with time, and is soon accompanied by bleeding.  So don't worry!! :)