Pregnancy Community

Is my anxiety harmful?!

My husband and I are TTC for the very first time. We are young and there seems to be no reason why we should struggle. It's still early in the "trying"-process, but I am very worried ... Will my having GAD (generalised anxiety disorder) affect my chances of becoming pregnant and once pregnant, will it negatively impact on my baby (even though I am currently not on any medication).

I manage my anxiety quite well (without the help of drugs for 2 years now - except for large dosis of Rescue Remedy and something called Biral - I have stopped taking Biral, a natural product also, because it's side effect in pregnancy are unknown), but I obviously have higher levels of stress and tension than most and this is what worries me.

Please help!
Marianne G
Hello,  try not to worry to much, try to relax, to enjoy a nice evening with your husband , organize a nice dinner ,  and keep trying because  it is very important not to lose your hope. Ussually it will happen when you don't expect ,,,also , when you will become pregnant  things might change, you could be so happy  about the baby coming that you  are not going to stress to much, a pregnancy changes you ,,you know , so don't worry ,I am sure that everything will be ok , take care .