Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Is my anxiety harmful?!

My husband and I are TTC for the very first time. We are young and there seems to be no reason why we should struggle. It's still early in the "trying"-process, but I am very worried ... Will my having GAD (generalised anxiety disorder) affect my chances of becoming pregnant and once pregnant, will it negatively impact on my baby (even though I am currently not on any medication).

I manage my anxiety quite well (without the help of drugs for 2 years now - except for large dosis of Rescue Remedy and something called Biral - I have stopped taking Biral, a natural product also, because it's side effect in pregnancy are unknown), but I obviously have higher levels of stress and tension than most and this is what worries me.

Please help!
Marianne G
1 Responses
Hello,  try not to worry to much, try to relax, to enjoy a nice evening with your husband , organize a nice dinner ,  and keep trying because  it is very important not to lose your hope. Ussually it will happen when you don't expect ,,,also , when you will become pregnant  things might change, you could be so happy  about the baby coming that you  are not going to stress to much, a pregnancy changes you ,,you know , so don't worry ,I am sure that everything will be ok , take care .
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.