Pregnancy Community

Testing

Did anyone else opt out of the early testing for down syndrome and other defects? If yes what was your outcome.
Im not doing any testing..i think if dr says baby looks great no need to worry..i feel those test just get u stressed out..i have 2 friends who they told that the babies would be down syndrome.babies were perfectly fine.. i leave up to god. :)
If that part the quad test?
We opted out on the testing and so far everything with our baby girl has been good. 24 +4 and everything is normal and healthy with our baby :).
I had the testing,  due to my age, and I will tell you right now that the anxiety and stress from waiting for these results is killing me! If you are young and your u/s is normal, I'd say skip the testing. Its just not worth the amount of fear and stress it puts on you (In my opinion).Plus, they can come back with a false positive. If you would continue the pregnancy,  despite the results, then just skip it :)
I opted out on my first pregnancy as well as this pregnancy. I find no point in taking a test that will say whether or not my baby has the "possibility" for a defect. Then having a test come back with one of those "possibilities" and spending the rest of my pregnancy worrying and stressing about something that is a "possibility"
Yeah I decided not to because I don't want to stress throughout my whole pregnancy over something that might yield false positive results. I heard the anatomy ultrasound they do at 20 weeks will show you if something is wrong.  I'm glad I'm not alone on opting out.