Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members
118225 tn?1278654940

Under Arm odor in almost 2 year old DD?!

Hey everyone. its been a while since I have posted on here and I know this isnt pregnancy related, but I know a lot of the girls on here already have kids. I hope everyone is doing well!!  The reason I am posting is that I have a question about my almost 2 year old DD.  Recently I started noticing that she is getting strong under arm BO....like my husband who has worked all day. She is not doing anything strenuous or sweating excessively, and she isn't doing or eating anything new.  I have only recently just noticed it, and I honestly don't think its normal.  I am planning to call the Dr. today, but wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this. Thanks so much.
1 Responses
1121273 tn?1325367975
I don't have any experience with this, and I'm not sure what would be causing it.  I did google a little bit, and the first thing I came up with was Trimethylaminuria.  This is a very rare condition, but it can occur in children.  It is a metabolic disorder and ultimately it causes very strong (even fishy) body odor.  Not saying this is what it is, but it's possible.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.