Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

carrying baby low

I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant with my second child. He is sitting very low in my stomach, basically on top of my cervix. I had an utlrasound at 20 weeks and the doctor commented on this also. I began dialating with my daughter (who is almost 4 now) around 34 weeks (possibly before but I wasn't checked until 35 in which I was at 3 cm). I was able to hold on until 37 weeks but still unded up in the NICU with her due to premature lungs. I'm concerned about pre term labor with this one. I feel pressure at times but my doctor doesn't seem very concerned at this point. It also seems to be causing my legs to swell, usually only one or the other. Is there any risk to carrying the baby this low?
1 Responses
210400 tn?1325380570
I've been carrying very low this pregnancy as well (I'm almost 34 weeks now). I would think as long as the dr isn't concerned I wouldn't worry.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.