A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
285848 tn?1219095913

getting pregnant on birth control

I know the main reason behind birth control is to keep you from getting pregnant but I was just wondering...how many of you got pregnant while on birth control, whether it be unsteadily taking the pill or following it precisely(please mention which). I know its probably not that great of a chance but I'm on birth control. I take it every evening except one night I took it a few hours later then normal. My boobs are sore and I've got like 3 more of the actual pills before the sugar pills.Also last month I didnt start bleeding until the 4th sugar pill. Had a very very light 3 days period. I've been having a lot of cm for like a week and a half or longer. Getting some acne which happened last time I got pregnant. And so tired! What are the chances? I kind of have my fingers crossed secretively but won't be upset if I'm not. Just wondering. Thanks in advance ladies! Baby dust to all ttc and yay for those of you expecting!
20 Responses
285848 tn?1219095913
BUMP!!! :(
229857 tn?1319033507
I am 8 weeks 3 days and i got preg on the depo. I was on it for 3 years and never missed one shot. My doc said that its only 99% effective. The only 100% BC is no sex.
285848 tn?1219095913
I know. Im secretly wanting to be pregnant! lol well not so secret on here. Yall make me miss being prego! Anyone on the pill?
347484 tn?1213309338
You stopped taking the pills since you suspected you might be pregnant, right? I'm assuming you did! LOL! Just wanted to make sure.

I've known people who got pregnant on the pill, but as to whether they were disciplined in taking them, I have no idea. So sorry I can't be of more help!
I am currently pregnnat and in my second trimester. I was on the depo shot steadily for two years and got it on time all the time.  But i still ended up pregnant, anything is possible and good luck to you!!!!1
285848 tn?1219095913
hmm. Im not pregnant nor technically ttc. if I am who you are asking. I have not stopped taking them because I really dont think I am, Im almost due for my Af so im thinking im jsut getting pre mens symptoms. Hmm I dont know. Ill take a test maybe? Should I even bother? or should I just wait for next week to see if I get my bleed? I dont want to stop taking the pills because I dont wanna screw up my cycle if I am not pregnant. I dont know!? AHHH haha what should I do?

I was just wondering what the chances. I can see the depo isnt very reliable but hmm..I really wonder about the pill you take daily. I know women who have gotten pregnant on it but dang! Just wondering. I did not
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.