Pregnancy Community

having a period while pregnant

is possible. Ive been bleeding heavy all day and am not expecting my period until the 13-14th.  took a test about an hr ago and i got 2 pink lines=preg.
anyone ever have the same situation??
I don't know about this. Not me, but I do know it's possible that you just went through an early miscarriage..
Im afraid i would have to agree with the previous post,you cant have a period whilst pregnant,as a period is the shedding of the lining,when fertilization hasnt occured,you can bleed during pregnancy but it wouldnt be a period.problem is many women take test before there period is due.but sadley alot of pregnancy dont survive,for numerous reasons.this is actually very common.however it depends what you call heavy is it like your normal period.if the bleeding continues,then its very possible you have gone through a miscarriage..wait couple days and test again,best of luck..
Yes, and I must add, you should probably contact your doctor if you have one.. if you really did experience a miscarriage, I am sorry for your loss, so early on.. However, you need to make sure everything is okay.. it can be hard on your body, and they have to make sure that everything was expelled normally.
I'm sorry.. Hope everything is okay..
How ever rare it may be, you can have a period while being pregnant.  I know 2 people (my boss and a co-workers daughter) that both experienced periods during their pregnancies.  The daughter not finding out until she was 6 months along due to increasing weight gain and she didn't even know she was pregnant and she had a healthy boy on the 3rd of Dec last year.  My boss had periods up until 4 months along and the er told her she was having a miscarriage, but didn't do an ultra sound to let nature takes it's course.  She went to her reg dr and did an ultra sound and the heartbeat was strong and she had a healthy baby in 2006.  I would recommend contacting your dr and checking on everything.  If in fact you are experiencing a miscarriage, I'm sorry for your loss and hope emotionally and physically you are okay.
Please read this article... it is not possible to have a period while pregnant. Some women may bleed  regularly but it's NOT a period.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/can-you-have-your-menstrual-period-while-pregnant/
Um actually, yes you can have a period while you are pregnant.... My good friend had a healthy pregnancy, but she had a period the whole entire 9 months.. It's something rare that happens, but yes it is possible! I wouldn't say it's a period, but you CAN bleed your entire pregnancy and go on to have a healthy baby.