Pregnancy Community

kidney stones while pregnant. How to feight them?

I end up in ER yesterday due to colic pain im my rt kidney. They did an ultrasound and said that I have a preasure in my right kidney and liquid in it . And thats mean that I either have a stone or I just past it. I have a history of calcium kidney stones and I know it is easier to get them while pregnant . Is there anything but drinkking plenty of water that you would recomend?
I have had a lot of calcium stones as well.  Drink plenty of cranberry juice (no sugar).  That should help.  If you feel ok with this, try NON alcoholic beer.  that is a doctor recommendation as well.  
thanks i also read yesterday about drinking lemon juice from lemon
I feel your pain.  With my second pregnancy I had horrible kidney stones.  I ended up in the hospital numerous times.  I had numerous kidney stones and one that was too big to pass.  I ended up having to have a stent put in (while pregnant).  I was in horrible pain for the remaining 11 weeks of pregnancy.  Drinking lots of water is supposed to help.  I am pregnant again now and pray I do not get any this time. Good luck.  
Do not drink cranberry juice because it contains oxalate which can cause kidney stones...cranberry juice is okay for uti but not kidney stones..lemon juice is very good for breaking up stone for smaller passage.  I just finished up a bought with kidney stone 7mm and uti.