Pregnancy Community

which bc did you choose after you delivered

I have my 6 wk check up coming soon & I need to think about which bc method I'd like...I was happily on the pill for 10 years before baby with no issues but would like to think of all options...we do want to ttc next May...one year from now...any experiences would be appreciated!
As you know i haven't had any children, but i have been told through my sisters experiences that you sgould stick to the contraceptive pill.  as it only lasts in your body 24 hours there is more of a chance of conceiving as it's out of your system quicker than depo-provera and the implant.

If i'm honest and i knew how bad depo-provera was going to be i would never have taken it i still think to this day if i had not taken depo and been told the consequences i would have a child of my own at this moment.

I wish you all the luck in whatever you chose but i would stick with the contraceptive pill!!!
You could just keep on the pill but they have the kind where you only have 4 periods a year!!   or the Ring that goes around your cervix but you have to check that all the time and make sure it is still in place..  If you was  wanting to wait 5 years then you might go with an implant.. but a year I would stick with the pill!!
I absolutely loved the copper IUD.  Nothing to think about, no side effects just heavier periods and you gain your fertility imediately after removal.  I've also heard that the nuvaring is good too.
I used the depo-shot and I wouldn't recommend it. I only got my periods once every three months which was nice but they lasted 3-4 weeks so that s u c k e d. I also wouldn't recommend the depo if you are going to ttc again so soon.
My sister has the nuvaring and she has had a drastic increase in bacterial and yeast infections since so they are taking her off it. I think I am going with the copper IUD this time around.
i had my baby 4 months ago and i went with the copper IUD no hormones is best for me. no pill to remember. i love that you take it out and you are fertile again. i was so scared to get pregnant again right away because i had post partum depression that i got the IUD right away.
good luck!
does the copper iud hurt?