Pregnancy Community
My doctor put me on zoloft today. Anyone been on that while they were pregnant?
I personally would find a more natural remedy.  When I was pregnant with my son I didn't even like taking Tylenol. And now there are all those lawyer commercials for babie with birth defects as a result of Zoloft and other anti depressants. It scares me.. Either way I wish you the best of luck
How far along are you? I've heard that after certain points some meds  are ok to take. I've planned to see if I can start Zoloft the week b4 my son is born. I am so afraid of the post pardom depression again. If she says no, I'm taking it the day he's born.
Hi there. Zoloft is very dangerous during pregnancy. With my last pregnancy, my doc told me it was fine to take while pregnant. Well it wasnt fine. My son ended up developing many congenital defects and sadly was stillborn at 24 weeks. Its a devastating thing to go thru so please be careful and talk to as many docs as you can before taking it. Good luck and i wish you a healthy, happy pregnancy.
Zoloft is probably the worst out of all the antidepressants o.o
The two that are the safest are prozac, and welbutrin -welbutrin being the safest.
@djan2011 sometimes a natural remedy is more dangerous than a pharmaceutical when it comes to  depression.  I myself fell into a deep depression around 13 weeks pregnant and had to start taking prozac short term  had I not I probably would have killed myself.
I'm 23 weeks and she said that its usually the first trimester that they worry about medication because that's when organs are forming and now its all about maturing. I'm nervous about taking it, I go back in a week to get checked on
2 of my nieces were on it & both of their children have club foot.