Ejaculation after radicale prostatectomy

I'm pretty young and in great sex right now but just diagnosed with prostate cancer. I will undergo a radical prostatectomy in the next few months, it should be assisted by robot with preservation of the nerves. I am well informed of the risks for erection and incontinence and I was informed that during this surgery he did not have the choice to remove the 2 seminal vesicles and the vas deferens because there is no possibility of reconnecting all that and I will no longer be able to ejaculate.

Is all this true? Is it really the case for all men who have their prostate removed, there is no more ejaculation?

Currently I have no symptom and my ejaculation is very good, it's a big part of my sexual pleasure like many men and I can hardly imagine not being able anymore. I know it's very intimate anyway but can you describe to me how it is for you the loss of ejaculation, do you have any pleasant feeling even if there is no more semen?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Even with. No semen you will still have the pleasure
Helpful - 0
I’m a prostate cancer patient, had exactly the same procedure you’re talking about. They are correct - in a radical prostatectomy, the seminal vesicles are removed & you will no longer ejaculate. Maybe at some point in the future, they’ll find a way to preserve ejaculation, but it’s not possible now w/ this type of procedure. Also, quite often these other structures are cancerous as well so would need to be removed anyway.

I’m like you - always enjoyed the feeling of ejaculating, and without that now, I do experience orgasm, but for me personally, it’s lacking smthg without it. Some guys say they don’t miss it & say it feels the same, but not for me. Maybe you’ll be one of the lucky ones who still gets the same degree of satisfaction w/ out ejaculation.

Anyway, good luck to you, hope the procedure goes well & that above all, once you’re done, the cancer’s gone.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Prostate Cancer Community

A report from Missouri Medicine argues that, despite earlier media coverage, increased omega-3 fatty acid intake does not increase prostate cancer risk.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.