STDs / STIs Community

Can genital Molluscum Contagiosum spread to other areas, such as the eyes?

I might have MC, and I was wondering if someone examines the genital area, doesn't wash their hands and touches other parts of their body, can it spread? I've been scaring myself because I see 2 very small symmetrical bumps right next to my eyes where eye gook usually is in the morning. Should I be concerned?
I don't know anything about MC so I don't know if it can spread like that. I will ask someone else to take a look at this.
odds are this isn't molluscum near your eyes. if you are concerned, go and have them looked at.  

grace
Yes, you can spread the virus to other parts of your body.  Hopefully the bumps on your eye area are just styes but it is possible it's MC.  

I got MC on my arm, most likely from wrestling mats since I train 5 days a week.  I was originally told it was an allergic reaction and not to worry about it.
I sometimes sit with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs.  Guess what, I got a few more bumps on my shin in the area that contacted the original bumps.  I went back to the doctor who told me it was probably inflamed hair follicles and again, not to worry about it.  
To fix the folliculitis I scrubbed the now quarter sized patch of bumps on my arm vigorously. WRONG THING TO DO!  My entire arm broke out with bumps and the I gained a few more on my shin/knee.
I called the doctor and got a referral to a dermatologist who biopsied me and found out that it was MC.
I'm using RetinA for a few weeks and them switched to Aldara which is helping but I still have new bumps.  This disease is contagious and many MDs dont have a great deal of knowledge about it.
I am using different towels on the infected and non infected areas. I keep the areas covered and wash my sheets towels and pj's several times a week in bleach to help prevent them from spreading.  I have had this for 6 months now and will most likely have it another 1 or 2 before everything is gone.  
It can last for years if untreated. You can give it to your partner or other people you come into contact with.

You should have the spot on your eye area looked at.  From what I have read if these get on your face they are the most difficult to get rid of and last the longest. This is why I am so diligent( nutty) about not cross contaminating and spreading them.

Good luck
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.