It is going on my 3rd year with problems (started Dec 2006) in an encounter with an old HS boyfriend (non circumcised, ex-Marine who was in Korea & other places, rock band, etc.). I immediately within a week developed a large half inch size bump on the vagina. I went to the dr who cut out part to test - ingrown follicle was the result (got to say no hair in that area); but put on antibiotics which really had no effect.
My symptoms worsened - 2 emergency visits, multiple gyno visits (different ones), dermatologists (different ones), cyro, rolfing massage, etc. - finally in September (9 months later), I found a dr who listened and said I had PID (which seemed to match my symptoms and match what I had started to believe in research online) - fixed the back pain, high temperature (92-99), high blood pressure, puffy tummy, pain, tiredness, etc. I was fixed in a Week. note: I was told by one gyno - that I had endometriosis (which there were NO Symptoms). I was also run through every STD test - which all came back negative.
- Syphilis (no) - forced dr to test multiple times because of the bumps.
- Herpes (no) - only the oral cancer sore kind
- chlamydia (no)
- gonorrhea (no
- hiv (no)
- hpv (no)
- strep B (yes) - antibiodics, but supposedly this is present.
- mrsa (no)
I have a folder which is about an inch thick on test results, information, complete with charts on when this occurs, how long, what antibiotics and meds I have been put on.
Mystery Bump Continues:
However - the other ongoing problem of this bump continued. :(
It is now going on year 3 and I have started pushing dr to come up with something - and am getting the "Chancroid only happens overseas and is really rare". But all the symptoms add up:
- large nasty bump filled with plus, blood and moves around (YES)
- uncircumcised men (YES - he was and was at the locations where this may be)
- painful to go potty (YES - and it is hard to sit, walk, move when they are present; extremely painful when it has burst and you have to pee - it would feel better if someone rubbed salt and a hot poker).
- must look odd (YES - so far there has been over 4 drs in gyno, 1 in urology - who jumped back when they saw it; regular drs, and several in dermatology) - none seem to know what it is... BUT TAKE A WARM BATH THAT SHOULD HELP!!
- looks like the a couple of the pictures that are Chancroid online (YES) see the ClitoralAbsces.jpg picture
- can be mistaken as syphilis (YES - that is why I forced them to test me for it a year earlier)
The only way that I have been able to treat it is to watch it and then get it to pop (to relieve the pressure), let it drain (puss/blood, gewy but sometimes a hard center), put some Hydrogen peroxide (yes I know - but it kills stuff and it slows it down from spreading at least that is what I think), wash with hyberclines all around down there, and use a pad to try to soak up the drainage over the next couple of days (which could heal in half a day to 4 days). I try to touch nothing and wash as to not spread it anywhere in the house.
Drs keep dinking around with this - why not, they don't have to live like this. I am lucky if I can get in when it is there - then they don't seem to test it. then another month, then another month. My life sucks... I have been cut on and stitches, poked, aspired, stared at, ridiculed, treated like I am making this up, ignored, injected with needles, etc. What used to be a vary beautiful part of my body is now all stretched out and scarred. I hurt, I am embarrassed, depressed, tired, angry, frustrated (in more ways than one; there is no sex life) - I just want to be back to my old self (not that there was a sex life there - but you could) or have this fixed.
My fear is that the list of antibiotics and other medications, has now put this into a resistant strain AND IT IS GETTING WORSE and it is coming back faster and lasting longer, and there are more of them. I have been on the following: ciprofloxacin, nitrofurantoin, amoxicillin, doxycycline, azithronmycin, erythromycin. The last round 30 days on doxycycline Nov/dec 2007; then erythromycin 10 days beginning of March 2008. It was less than 3 weeks between the out break (this is with a bath and a shower each day). It seems to occur a couple of days before my period (but this is not always true).
Is there a dr that can see me (Northwest area) that can look at this thing and treat it. I am willing to buy a ticket and travel to wherever at this point (east coast, mid west,.. ). I need a dr who specializes in weird STD Vagina stuff - so they can quickly tell if it is Chancroid which I believe it is or treat this infection for once and all.
- could this be caused by allergy? has anyone reported something similar related to soap or pms pads (I have monitored soap but can see no difference).
Thanks for listening and please provide some needed help...