Hiv Through Gloves?

I'm a police officer in south florida, there are tons of crack heads and criminal with HIV/HCV that I deal with on a daily basis. I recently was dealing with a crack head and a tiny drop of blood got on my kevlar lined gloves. I immidaitley ran to my car and cleaned it of with a alcohol wipe and then sprayed it was a sanitizer. I was just wondering if I could get anything? I don't have any open wounds on my hand but I do have pleeing hands (due to weight lifting) and 1 old cut that was almost healed. I was also thinking maybe small micro amounts of blood went through the glove and penetrated my old would or pleeing hands. PLEASE HELP im starting to develop a phobia.

THANKS
COMMUNITY LEADER
Isn't kevlar what stops bullets?  If it can stop a bullet, HIV and the heps aren't getting through.

You really have nothing to worry about here.  Besides not being able to go through kevlar, if your sore was healing (as in scabbed), nothing would get in.

You really are fine.

AJ
Thank you, i really starting to get crazy with this stuff. Thanks for your support
COMMUNITY LEADER
You're welcome.

Aj

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.