STDs / STIs Community

Pass gonorrhea from my throat to my genitals? Antibiotic-resistant gonorrhea?

Hello. Male here -- performed fellatio and analingus on another male. Several days later noticed a sore throat, enlarged tonsils, and some white spots on tonsils. Clinic did a throat swab which came back positive for gonorrhea. Since I am allergic to cephalosporins, they prescribed 2,000 milligrams of azithromycin to be taken all at once. I know this is not the top preferred treatment and that there are some antibiotic-resistant strains of gonorrhea becoming more and more prevalent. A day and a half after taking the pills my throat is no longer sore, and the white spots are getting smaller. Is this a good indication that the treatment is working? Would there have been no change at all if I had an antibiotic-resistant strain? I plan to go back in two weeks for retesting regardless per the clinic's instructions. Also related question -- in the time between when I first started feeling under the weather and when I took the medication, was it possible for me to spread gonorrhea from my throat to my penis through masturbating with saliva?
COMMUNITY LEADER
hi, no you cant transfer to your penis from saliva in your mouth
bump
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.