Sex/broken condom day after Z-Pak, reinfected?

So I'm an idiot. Got drunk the night after being prescribed Z-Pak (1 gram at once) because the clinic prefers to overtreat and said it looked like I "might" have something. The condom broke.

Wondering A) if the Z-pak would prevent me from getting any new infection from this partner, even though I took it 36 hours before and B) what are the chances I infected the partner with anything?

When we turned on the lights, it turned out she was bleeding so that freaked me out too.

Please help!
A) Can't say what it will or will not treat, we don't give any kind of medication info.
B) A one time encounter is low risk for STD's. I would follow up with your Dr though.
They told me that the Z-Pak will stay in my system for about a week. Do you know if it is LIKELY to prevent reinfection during that time? Specifically closerto when one first takes it?

I know you can't give me a yes or no, but if anyone has ANY idea it'd be greatly appreciated.

It most likely would help prevent infection.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.