STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Test results

OK, in a routine physical, had a CBC.  Results included VDRL and HIV test.  HIV 1 & 2 said Negative.  So, I know that means no HIV.  But, what is covered in VDRL?  Result said Non Reactive, so that would indicate no STD's - for what it tested for, right?  But, what all would that be indicatiing a NO andswer for?

Thanks.

P
VDRL I believe is for syphilis and non-reactive means negative.
Thanks much.  In knew non-reactive means negative.  I just wasn't sure what all this test was covering.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yep, its syphilis.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.