STDs Forum

HIV symptoms

Hey Doc, Im a 23 year old Male. 6 days ago, I had sex with a prostitute. It was protected but she was going at it pretty hard and I wasnt very erect so I fear from slippage. Also 6 days later I have all the flu-like symptoms including fever, night sweats, congestion, cough, nausea. Im terribly afraid of this mistake and passing it onto my girlfriend who lives in NY. I know there is a very low chance of me actually being infected but its hard for me to believe that this is all one big coincidence. Isnt there any way I could get tested sooner than 6 weeks? Like a viral load exam?
From the top of this forum:  "IMPORTANT"

"This forum is limited to questions about STDs other than HIV/AIDS. For questions about HIV prevention, or if you have general questions about safe sex (e.g., condoms, how to protect yourself from HIV and STDs), please visit the HIV Prevention and Safe Sex Forum"

You can go to there for innumerablde discussions of symptoms of HIV and reliability of various tests at various intervals.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.