Sexual Health Community

Cold sores and oral sex

My wife has suffered from cold sores all of her adult life. We've been very careful for about 18 years, until recently. I don't believe she has ever had her cold sores tested to see what level her cold sore is, but she believes it's herpes 1. My question is, yesterday we engaged in oral sex and afterward she noticed a small bump on her lip (the beginning stage, no blisters), but today the white blister is there. Is there a chance she may have transmitted the disease to me? and if so, what can I do to remedy it?
i've had cold sores since i can remember. even after performing oral sex on my husband (if i had one) nothings ever happened to him. no cold sore on the penis or his mouth or anywhere else. you can go get tested to see if you have it.