A
A
A
Close
Sexual Health Community
13.6k Members

Epididymitis/Postate infection & possible oral infection

Hi there.

I am a 26y Caucasian male. I have had an issue by where I have had a sore left testicle for about 8 months now. Its a constant ache, and is aggravated by things like temperature, long drives, pooping and physically touching the Epididymis. About 7 months ago(after the sore testicle) I got a urinary tract infection for about 2 days(hurt to pee), but resolved itself quickly. In the last couple of months I have noticed my semen has a yellow ish tinge to it( more yellow if i haven't *** in a couple of days).
I have in the last 6 years always used a condom for sex, but have received oral unprotected. The girlfriend giving me oral about 9 months ago had tonsillitis either side of the act and had her tonsils removed about 1 week after. Due to this I am concerned I may have picked up an infection from the cause of the tonsillitis. I asked if they biopsied the tonsils but she "didn't know" what the cause was( I worried about herpes at the time). I note she has mentioned she is resistant to most antibiotics and there is only 1 that works for her.

Additionally I believe I have some sort of oral infection(See attached picture). I seem to get mouth ulcers and weird bumps etc. The ridges in the picture dropped in about 8 hours, and completely disappeared in 36h. Every now and then my mouth bleeds. After a night of drinking beer, I find in the morning this is worse, and consistently get sore throats that mouth wash cures in hours. I don't know if its the beer, of the sausage rolls while drinking, or if its the fact I hit the bed with out brushing teeth/using mouth wash.

I went to the doctor in the last week who looked at my mouth and noted a roughness, putting it down to eating hard food. He refused to even take a swab.
He looked at my testes, and noted my left testes sits higher than the right so thought it may be torsion. I have done a urine test and ultrasound. The urine test came out clean, but the ultrasound showed an enlargement in the left epidermis with more blood vessels/increased blood flow. The ultrasound technician said it looked like Epididymitis and this would usually be treated with 6 weeks of antibiotics. There was no sign of torsion.  
I spoke with the doctor again who has prescribed me 3 weeks of Brufen (anti-inflammatory) and to take that, then see how the pain is at the end of the course. If the pain still persists, then he will try 1 week of antibiotics.

My questions:
-As i am not worried about the pain, I am worried about the underlying issue, should I take the brufen?
-I note for Epididymitis normally a 6 week course of antibiotics is prescribed. Will 1 week cause a resistance to that particular antibiotic?
-Dose it look like an oral infection of just hard food damage?
-Do I need to check with now Ex Girlfriend what antibiotics do and don't work?( I don't want to blame her for this if its not her fault)
-Should I get a second opinion on this or does the doctors method of anti-inflammatory sound correct?
-Could this be a STD like gonorrhea or chlamydia?

Timeline of events:
Jan 2014 Started dating last Girlfriend
Feb 2014 I noticed oral issues
Mar 2014 week 1 Girlfriend had tonsillitis
Mar 2014 week 3 Girlfriend gave me oral sex
Mar 2014 week 4 Girlfriend had tonsils removed
Apr 2014 Broke up, and have had no girlfriend/dates since
May 2014 Noticed sore testicle while driving for 4 hours
Jun 2014 got 2 day urinary infection.
Nov 2014 Noticed discoloration of semen
Dec 2014 Pain in left testicle getting worse
Jan 2015 Saw doctor/had tests

Thanks in advance.
1 Responses
Sometimes when needing to poo, I get a cringe worthy pain in the lower abdomen.
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.