help me please!!

Recently my vagina has been itching burning and sensitive altogether and im not sure what caused it ive had this problems for two days now. I recently changed washing detergent but also i had sex. Also im just getting over strep throat so im still on antibiotics but my "area" is red and i feel very uncomfortable especially since i am active in sports... what is the problem?
COMMUNITY LEADER
It sounds like a yeast infection. This can happen when you take antibiotics. You can try an over the counter med for this.Ask a female pharmacist  to help you choose the right med. Or. see your Gynecologist to make sure this is what's going on. It sure sounds like a yeast infection though.
Hi Blue, you could als have an STD or STI, see if you can find your local clinic for STDs and get tested.
Good Luck
Today is day three and it seems like the cream isnt helping anymore i have the urge to itch all the time now. I havent had time to go to the clinic or anything.
Hi Blue, I think its about time you found time and get to a clinic, its your health that counts.
Good Luck
COMMUNITY LEADER
I do agree with the above poster about seeing the Dr. Since you are on antibiotics it's highly likely this is a yeast infection. If you're only using a cream for the itching this will not help the yeast infection. At least stop in at the drug store and talk to the pharmacist about what kind of over the counter medication to get. I'm surprised your Dr did'nt mention that many women get yeast infections while on antibiotics.  

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community