WELCOME

I would like to welcome everyone to Spinal Stenosis Sufferers.  I am hoping that this group will function as a place for people who suffer from the many symptoms of Spinal Stenosis as well as their family to turn to for support.  I was quite surprised to see that there wasn't already a group for us, so decided that it needed to be done.

I ask that IF you have any advice for people that you please try to keep it constructive.  As a user group we CAN NOT post as doctors, but we can offer advice as to what we have tried.  I encourage everyone to post their story.. i.e. how long you've suffered with this, what you have tried, did it work, where the stenosis is located & what you are hoping to get.  

Welcome again & thanks for joining.

Melissa
From my experience I had stenosis in my neck, I don't remember the area because it has been a long time. My orthopedic surgeon (and I had to do a lot of research to find this doctor who specializes in this field), replaced the bone in my neck with a cadaver bone and the surgery was successful. I no longer have the pain that radiated down my arm and can function much better now. I have a history of degenerative joint/disk disease and this is what my surgeon did to relieve the pain issues I was having in my neck but it too a lot of research to find the right doctor to treat this area and he has done work on my back also with some success. I also have had nerve blocks which did help but again, read up on their success rate. They help for a while but the nerve does grow back and I may be due for another.
Would be interested in other opinions.
Do you still work and do everything you did before the surgery?  If so, what is your job?  Just wondering because my results have not been so successful...
Can you still work at a 9-5 job, Madman?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Spinal Stenosis Sufferers Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.