struggling with my partners kids

If any one can offer advise I would be grateful.  I have two kids of my own from available previous relationship and my partner had two from his. Is hasn't been easy trying to integrate or lives. I am currently struggling with the fact that my partners kids don't follow our rules and are rather aggressive and disruptive you my two kids. My partner sticks with the rules when disciplining my two kids but doesn't with his own. I found myself pulling away from him as I've feel this is not fair. I have spoken to him about the problem and he is aware of it but days he doesn't think we can make an impact on his two birds lives as we only see them every secind weekend and also because of that he doesn't want them to have an unpleasant time when they are with us. I am probably being unfair but do struggle with this.  All the kids are of the same age 4-5
Ugh kinda going through the same thing, My BF has two children, I have 1 and Im pregnant with one of our own. We have full custody of all of the kids. My BF never disciplines his children, they practically get away with murder (they are 13, and 15).....my daughter is 7 and gets in trouble for the smallest things. His children also dont respect me because he doesnt make them respect me. He doesnt back me up EVER!!!!!!!! So whatever I say, they know they dont have to do it, because he will just say the opposite and make excuses for them! I have had enough....however being due with OUR first child in August is making things even harder!! Ugh...
To the above posters:

It isn't the children............it's your partners.  If they don't see a problem things will continue and probably get worse.

You are reading content posted in the Step Parenting Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.