You should not be waiting to see a doctor when you suspect a TIA as if you had one, it is very possible you could have a stroke while waiting for treatment. Danger level is high & you need treatment started today! Please, won't you see the doctor today on this & if need be, go to the ER if the doctor can't squeeze you in today? Using a magnetic resonance machine, doing an MRA/MRV, is better than CT scan when looking for evidence of TIA (infarcts) in your head.
I agree with livinginhope. Don't wait. I waited three days before I went to see a Doctor about being very dizzy and fatigued. Once I saw the doctor, she immediately called an ambulance and I was hospitalized for 2 more days. This is serious stuff and quite honestly, my symptoms have improved but not gone away. 10% of TIA victims go on to have a major stroke within 90 days (1 in 10), and you now have a 35 to 40% chance of having a major stroke. I don't want to scare you, but you need to press the issue with your Doctor.