Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Help with my daughter’s labs

I have Hashimoto’s and my daughter is showing some signs. Her GP ran TSH and free T4. I can’t find any referencing information.
TSH - .54 uiU/ml
Free T4 - .8 ng/dL
if you have the lab report the refernece range are often shown inside of parenthesis.  However for Free T4 we often see a range someting close to (0.8 to 1.8)  if this is the case, your daughters level is dead rock bottom.

TSH is a screening test at best and I do n't pay too much attention to it frankly.  Often doctors would like to see it between 1 and 2.  However, a value your daughter has would  be low in the range we often see.  So the pituitary is not producing enough TSH  to tell the thyorid to produce is what this would initially APPEAR to be.  Assuming your daughter is having Hypo symptoms.
Thank you!