Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Hypothyroidism and Depo-Provera

Hi there,

My question is, although I have hypothyroidism and quite frequently have heart palpatations, and this is not necesserily due to my eltroxin levels being to high, Can Depo-Provera create a situation whereby you mimic all the symptoms of hypothyroidism, Lately my heart palpatations are more frequent and my levels are in normal range at the moment, This does no happen all the time though only seems to be when I should be on a cycle.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know anything about Depo, however, what caused your Hypothyroidism? Have you been tested for Hashimoto's? Hashi causes hypo and hyper symptoms early on  in the disease, making us swing from lethargic and constipated, to rapid heart rate/diarrhea, etc..

The Hashi tests are: Thyroid ultrasound and blood work (TGab and TPOab).
:) Tamra
I need to know if the depo probers will still allow me to gain weight even with hyperactive thyroidism. Please advise.