Levo thyroxine vs. Armour?

I have a hypo problem.  I am taking 75mcg  daily. I’ve read a lot of posts where people are really happy with the Armour.  Don’t know the difference between the two and I am assuming which ever one you take is based on the condition you have? Also there is a Synthroid that people take is it the name brand of Levothyroxine  or is it a completely different medication?
Synthetic T4 contains the active ingredient levothyroxine sodium. Brands include Levothyroxine, Synthroid,  Levoxyl...

Natural desiccated thyroid extract is made from dried animal glands (typically from a pig - porcine). Brand names include Armour, Naturethroid, Thyroid WP...

I take Eutroxsig (synthetic T4) for Hashimoto's thyroiditis but I had read good things about Armour so I tried it. I wasn't absorbing this medication so I had to switch back to synthetic. I do fine on synthetic though.
Thank you for the response. I was wondering how you find out if you have Hashimoto? Is it a blood test. Thank you
Yes. Ask your doctor to test thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPOAb) and thyroglobulin antibody (TgAb).

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community