Thyroid Disorders Community

Nuclear Thyroid Scan Results

I'm not having much luck finding any helpful info on the web; can anyone tell me what this all means exactly?

My recent nuclear thyroid scan results state:
...16 x 11 mm solid nodule in the lower pole of the left thyroid lobe.
...There is minimally decreased activity in the lower pole left thyroid lobe, this does not represent a hyperfunctioning hot nodule.
Impression:
1. Isointense if not slightly hypointense lower pole left thyroid lobe This does not represent a hyperfunctioning hot nodule.
Basically it says that 16 x 11 mm solid nodule in the lower pole of the left thyroid lobe is cold (no uptake activity).
I am not sure why the nuclear scan was administered?
What was your TSH??
My blood work showed

TSH 0.76 (Range .40-4.50)
T4, Free 1.3 (Range .8-1.8)
Free T3 3.0 (Range 2.3-4.2)

The nuclear scan was ordered after a nodule was identified on an ultrasound.
Your TSH level (0.76) shows NO necessity for nuclear scan. (It should be less than 0.1)
If nodule is found on ultrasound it should be checked for micro-calcifications and blood flow.
Nodules over 10mm in size are checked with fine needle biopsy
Should I be concerned about it?  Should I push for further testing?  I go to see my GP tomorrow morning and want to be prepared.
Ask about the ultrasound findings.
Ask about biopsy vs. monitoring