Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

elevated t4 ,normal t3 tsh

just checked thyroid today

result is like dis :

value observed                 normal range
T3 = 130.72 ng/dl                      60-181 ng/dl
T4 =    14.2 µg/dl                       4.5 - 12.5µg/dl
tsh=     2.02 mIU/L                      0-5mlU/L

what cause dis elevated t4 ???
doctor says its seen like dis in sompersons

what to do ???
First thing is to realize that your tests are for Total T4 and Total T3.  Those tests estimate all of the T4 and T3 in your blood.  Most of that T4 and T3 is bound to protein.  Only the small portion of each that is free of protein is biologically active.  Those portions are called Free T4 and Free T3.  Tests for Free T3 and Free T4 are more important tests and you should insist on them every time you go in for thyroid related tests.  Free T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  

TSH is a pituitary, not a thyroid hormone.  TSH is affected by many things so that, at best, it is only an indicator, to be considered along with more important indicators such as symptoms, and also levels of Free T3 and Free T4.  

So, please tell us about any symptoms you have.
after one month ( that is today ) as per docotrs order , i tested free tsh ,free t3 and  free t4

result came as
tsh      = 2.39                          normal range (0.25-5.0)
fee t3  = 5.11                           (1.71-3.71)
free t4 =1.51                            (0.70-1.48)

t3 and t4 high , but tsh normal
what does it mean ?
feels that there is a sweeling in my neck
Those results don't normally occur together.  There are two main types of hypothyroidism.  If it were Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, I would expect to see higher TSH, and low in the range Free T3 and free T4.  If it were central hypothyroidism, I would expect to see relatively low TSH, also with low in the range Free T3 and Free T4.  

Since both your Free T3 and Free T4 are high, I think that you need to get some additional tests done.  I suggest an ultrasound of your thyroid gland to see if there are any nodules that could be leaking thyroid hormone faster than normal.  Along with that I suggest testing for the antibodies of Hashi's.  Two tests are necessary for that:  TPO ab and TG ab.  Last, I suggest a test for the possibility of early stage Grave's Disease.  That test is TSI.

If you can get all those tests done I think your doctor should be better able to pinpoint the cause for your condition.