Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

vitamin D

when I take vitamin D (50,000 a week), I get bad pain in my hands & fingers. What with that
My aunty who is a bit older than you and was prescribed with calcium and Vitamin D had the same problem.  

She was advised to stop taking the Vitamin D and her symptoms cleared.

If the doctor has prescribed the vitamin for you, you will need to discuss this with him.  It is likely that you do not need to take any supplements of this Vitamin and a blood test would show the amount in your body.

You can overdose the body with Vitamin D.  This is fat soluble vitamin which is stored in the liver.  Going out in the sunshine with exposed skin will also top you up with Vitamin D.  It is too complex for me to explain how it is converted through sunshine on our skin.  This vitamin is also referred to as the Sunshine Vitamin.
PROBABLY ALLERGIC STOP TAKING
you are taking too much stop…i had to take that for a short period of time under my Doctors supervision all u need to do is see your Doctor to b tested that 50,000 a week is for vitamin d efficient

Please let your doctor know, cut back to half that amount as well.
You need to get an inexpensive vitamin D level test before taking any more. Ask your physician to arrange one. Results are in about three days, and locally the test costs $60 cash without a health plan.