Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Anti-polymer antibody assay - fibromyalgia (USA)

Does anyone know if the FDA has approved the APA Assay kit (Anti-polymer antibody assay)  to diagnose FIbromyalgia patients.  I know the autoimmune technologies LLC is doing FDA clinical trial on this in New Orleans, Lousiana, USA.  I just want to know if they have done the FDA clinical trial and if the FDA has approved this diagnostic test for Fibromyalgia Patients?  Please let me know if any of you guys know about this because I would like to ask my Physician to order a one of those test for me.  
Welcome to the forum!
Generally the links are not provided but since this is related to FDA apprioval, a link is being given to you. You can contact them for further information.
http://www.autoimmune.com/FAQ_eng.html
“No, but the test is undergoing the clinical trials necessary to support a regulatory filing for FDA approval. For diagnostic tests, the FDA requires that tests be produced in kit form, and the kit is what the FDA approves and regulates. An APA Assay kit, in the Enzyme Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay (ELISA) microtiter plate format, has been developed for Autoimmune Technologies by Corgenix, Inc., and this kit is now being used in the U.S. clinical trials. The data obtained from these trials will then be submitted to the FDA in what is called a Pre-Market Approval, or PMA, application.”
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!