Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Cellulitis of right great toe symptoms persist after taking meds

I was diagnosed with cellulitis of the great toe. I remember kicking a 2x4 while working and it hurt a bunch. A few days later I noticed swelling and tenderness. The swelling went almost away but the tenderness would come and go so I thought I would just tuff it out. Almost two months later I then go into the ER and complain of swelling/pain in my toe after a long week of work. They drew blood and did some tests, the Dr. said that my all the levels looked good and diagnosed me with the above mentioned and prescribed me antibiotics with pain medication. I have taken the antibiotics for 7 days now and I notice some improvement but the symptoms are still there. Can this be caused by a broken toe? I am scared! Any help would be great!