Hand goes Numb at night/ very painful when it refills up with blood

I am having my hand go numb at night. It wakes me up with (so much pain) when its refilling back up with blood.  I have been doing window cleaning and it started after doing this type work.  Now I stopped the job and it still does it no matter how I lay at night.  The puzzling part is when the fingers go numb and start refilling with blood, it is so painful I cry!!! During the daytime the fingers (baby, ring and middle) go numb too.
Any help or advise would be very appreicated. thank you
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Numbness in the pinky and ring finger are a sign of a pinched nerve, or other problems in the neck.  See a Chiro and get xrays then an adjustment.  The pain in the hand can be caused by either sleeping on your arm or hand, then moving "waking it up", or you are sleeping with your hand in a tight fist, then sometime in the night it relaxes and "wakes up".  You can have someone watch you sleep and see what you do with your hand and how you hold it.  If you sleep with you hand in a fist, there are hand braces that hold the hand open during sleep that might help.  If it is positional, you can train yourself not to sleep that way by telling yourself not to do it before you go to sleep.  It may take some time, but eventually it works.  If this doesn't help, see your doctor to make sure you don't have a circulation problem.
A related discussion, swollen hands numbnes and pain no grip was started.