Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

I GIVE UP.

My main "problem" or "worry" here is the fact that I have had a swollen lymph node for nearly 4 months now. It is located on the left side of my neck, maybe an inch or so below my ear. The gland itself is rather large, I think, about the width of my pointer and middle finger put together. It doesn't hurt or anything, but it won't go away.

Back in March, I began to feel VERY sick. I was missing multiple days of school because of EXTREME nauseousness- especially in the morning. This continued into April, along with constant headaches, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue, night sweats, occasional fever, and a new developing rash. The rash lasted until the end of the month (nearly 4 weeks). It turned out that it was being caused by bed bugs. Since then, the bed bugs have been blasted away and we no longer have them; I haven't gotten bit in about a 6 weeks (when we found them, I moved out of my room, and into the basement).

I had heard that a swollen lymph node can be caused by bed bugs if the reaction is severe enough, but the case was not large at all- it was localized to only my mattress. I quickly began to ignore the swollen gland because of this, me assuming that it would go away. Well, 6 weeks later, it is STILL here.

Since this whole thing began, I have been to be doctor 3 times. The first time, a strep test was administered, but it came back negative (I had my tonsils taken out when I was 7, by the way). The doctor prescribed me amoxicillin to take twice a day for 10 days. Because it didn't seem to help at all, I went back to the doctor. The doctor was a different person this time, so I had to explain my ordeal again. He simply shrugged it off and sent me home with another prescription of amoxicillin, which I did repeat, but with no improvement. Both of these doctor's had no idea what was causing my problems.

A week later, I was taken BACK to the doctor, a different one again. I had to re-explain, as well. The doctor ordered a CBC, which came back "normal", although I never got to see the results, they were just quickly told to me. I do know that my white blood cell count was on the low side, but other than that, I do not know. The doctor ordered 2 other types of blood tests, one testing nutrience levels, and the other was one testing for types of infections (??). Both, according to my mom (who lies a lot in order to hog attention), they both came back completely normal, along with the stool sample that I had given because blood was seen early in the week.

Nothing since then has been done, and that was about 2 months ago. I am now struggling with loss of appetite, night sweats, (no more rash because no more bed bugs), odd bruising (specifically a VERY large one on the back side of my knee, but I don't know how it got there), muscle/joint pain, over-all acheness, lower back pain, headaches, and of course, my beloved swollen lymph node. I am not sure if I have another swollen gland, simply because I do not know how to check for them. I assume they can be visible, as the one on my neck is quite visible (one side of my neck looks way larger), and I can definite feel it, so I should be able to feel other ones? But I'm not sure how or where to look.

Okay... Back to the basics: I have been given no explanation and no diagnoses, but my problem is still continuing 4 months later. I have not seen a doctor in over 2 months. I have been ignoring my problems, telling myself that it's nothing because no one else seems to care, or they think I'm crazy.

I am a 16 year old female, a junior in high school. I'm 5'9 and 125 pounds, and I don't play sports. I am struggling with addiction to substance along with auditory and visual hallucinations, and depression. I have a psychologist and psychiatrist who I see quite often (my psychologist, twice a week). I am simply explaining this because I am on medications: Wellbutrin (350mg), Klonopin (1.5mg), and a type of birth control (very heavy and insane menstrual cycles, ever sense they started).

Anywho- SOMEONE, ANYONE, please give me an opinion or advice or something. I am pretty desperate, and would like to know what you guys think.

Thank you! And sorry this is so long- hopefully I didn't leave anything out though, haha...