Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.3k Members

I GIVE UP.

My main "problem" or "worry" here is the fact that I have had a swollen lymph node for nearly 4 months now. It is located on the left side of my neck, maybe an inch or so below my ear. The gland itself is rather large, I think, about the width of my pointer and middle finger put together. It doesn't hurt or anything, but it won't go away.

Back in March, I began to feel VERY sick. I was missing multiple days of school because of EXTREME nauseousness- especially in the morning. This continued into April, along with constant headaches, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue, night sweats, occasional fever, and a new developing rash. The rash lasted until the end of the month (nearly 4 weeks). It turned out that it was being caused by bed bugs. Since then, the bed bugs have been blasted away and we no longer have them; I haven't gotten bit in about a 6 weeks (when we found them, I moved out of my room, and into the basement).

I had heard that a swollen lymph node can be caused by bed bugs if the reaction is severe enough, but the case was not large at all- it was localized to only my mattress. I quickly began to ignore the swollen gland because of this, me assuming that it would go away. Well, 6 weeks later, it is STILL here.

Since this whole thing began, I have been to be doctor 3 times. The first time, a strep test was administered, but it came back negative (I had my tonsils taken out when I was 7, by the way). The doctor prescribed me amoxicillin to take twice a day for 10 days. Because it didn't seem to help at all, I went back to the doctor. The doctor was a different person this time, so I had to explain my ordeal again. He simply shrugged it off and sent me home with another prescription of amoxicillin, which I did repeat, but with no improvement. Both of these doctor's had no idea what was causing my problems.

A week later, I was taken BACK to the doctor, a different one again. I had to re-explain, as well. The doctor ordered a CBC, which came back "normal", although I never got to see the results, they were just quickly told to me. I do know that my white blood cell count was on the low side, but other than that, I do not know. The doctor ordered 2 other types of blood tests, one testing nutrience levels, and the other was one testing for types of infections (??). Both, according to my mom (who lies a lot in order to hog attention), they both came back completely normal, along with the stool sample that I had given because blood was seen early in the week.

Nothing since then has been done, and that was about 2 months ago. I am now struggling with loss of appetite, night sweats, (no more rash because no more bed bugs), odd bruising (specifically a VERY large one on the back side of my knee, but I don't know how it got there), muscle/joint pain, over-all acheness, lower back pain, headaches, and of course, my beloved swollen lymph node. I am not sure if I have another swollen gland, simply because I do not know how to check for them. I assume they can be visible, as the one on my neck is quite visible (one side of my neck looks way larger), and I can definite feel it, so I should be able to feel other ones? But I'm not sure how or where to look.

Okay... Back to the basics: I have been given no explanation and no diagnoses, but my problem is still continuing 4 months later. I have not seen a doctor in over 2 months. I have been ignoring my problems, telling myself that it's nothing because no one else seems to care, or they think I'm crazy.

I am a 16 year old female, a junior in high school. I'm 5'9 and 125 pounds, and I don't play sports. I am struggling with addiction to substance along with auditory and visual hallucinations, and depression. I have a psychologist and psychiatrist who I see quite often (my psychologist, twice a week). I am simply explaining this because I am on medications: Wellbutrin (350mg), Klonopin (1.5mg), and a type of birth control (very heavy and insane menstrual cycles, ever sense they started).

Anywho- SOMEONE, ANYONE, please give me an opinion or advice or something. I am pretty desperate, and would like to know what you guys think.

Thank you! And sorry this is so long- hopefully I didn't leave anything out though, haha...
0 Responses
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.