Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

I have Barrett's also

I am frantic also about my Barrett's.  I have recently been diagnosed and I have to tell you i researched alot.  I was so scared and much of what you read on the net will have you planning a funeral.  I must say that intestinal metaplasia is NOT pre cancerous...displasia is.  There are several grades of displasia too, prior to esophageal cancer.  With regular checks you should be able to see the changes and correct it before it gets to cancer.  Don't be too scared just be well managed.  PPL that do not have displasia may NEVER have dysplasia.  Esophageal cancer even with Barrett's is at a very low percentage.  

I started to stop my whole life,but I am fighting to lead a normal life without worry.  We should have a support groupn for PPL with Barrett's...Barrett's is a frightening disease.

I am sure if we have good surveilance of our Barrett;s we should live a normal life.

Nervous