Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Just had sinus surgery, Pain in tongue and lower lip.

I just had endoscopic sinus surgery a couple days ago with a partial turbinate reduction. This was done under general anesthesia. From the moment I was conscious after the procedure until now, I have had a small painful lump near the tip of my tongue, which I originally thought was just a numbness at the left tip when I extended my tongue out of my mouth. I felt around on my tongue by gently using my index finger on top and thumb on the bottom and discovered a small painful lump (small pea size). The pain is not present unless I apply pressure or move my tongue around or outside my mouth. I also have a dull pain and numbness combination in my right lower lip, which is bothersome. I have a follow up tomorrow, but I am curious to know if anyone else has had this experience as either an anesthetic side effect or intubation trauma (nerve injury). If so, was it temporary? This was my first time under general anesthesia, so I had no prior experience with any of this. Thank you for any feedback you can provide. I also have not regained my normal urine stream yet, but that's a seperate issue which will hopefully subside.

Swelling, bruising or temporary numbness of the lip or tongue, or swelling or bruising of the area around the eye are common after endoscopic sinus surgery and may be due to trauma by the endotracheal intubation.This will go after some time.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.