Nagging chest pain
I'm having some chest pain mostly located down my sternum also accompanied by shortness of breath. Because I had surgery for an achilles tendon rupture a month ago, knowing the possibility of blood clots and pulmonary embolism from surgery I went to the ER. The doctor in the ER ordered a ct with and without contrast, chest x-ray, various blood test, EKG, etc. The only thing the doctors found was that I have a mild enlarged heart but I figure that's because I have high blood pressure which I am on medicine for, otherwise nothing else life threatening was found. I have an appointment with a cardiologist in a few days so I'm hoping he can discover the root cause of this nagging pain. I can only describe the pain as a tender achy feeling down my sternum. It feels a little better if I lie a certain way and take the muscle relaxers that were prescribed by the ER doctor. I'm just wondering what else could be the cause of my pain?
Costochondritis comes to mind.  the ligaments that hold the rib cage together get inflamed and cause pain.  Have you tried some new exercises lately?  like push ups?  Or throwing a basketball?  Things you are not used to doing?

I hope the cardiologist is able to resolve this problem for you.  
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.