Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Neck pain

im having neck pain...my arm hurts. and my hand is tingling. my neck hurts when i move it.... and it makes  a cracking sound when try to move it. What is going on?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability you have osteoarthritis or spondylosis of cervical vertebrae. This causes compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, herniated disc, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. A MRI of the cervical spine and nerve conduction studies may be required. Please consult a neurologist. The treatment is to remove the compression. You have to discuss the best treatment option with a neurologist, which can range from medication to physiotherapy to traction, cervical collars or even surgery. Take care!
i also have a not on my shoulder could this be the cause?
Have you undergone any neck injuries lately. Sometimes when people shift the discs in their back and neck the pain can radiate to one, or more of the limbs.
It sounds nerve related, so a discogram may be something you should look into. I would try to identify whether or not your symptoms are trauma related. If you have reptured a disc, you will know as soon as you take the discogram, if not, I would see your GP and get an MRI. Did this condition begin when you awoke after a long night?
yes!