A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.2k Members
1391011 tn?1282963069

Painful lump on lower right rib

A few months ago, a small lump that I could feel right at the edge of my lowest right rib became larger and extremely painful. The pain is on exertion. It gets very bad times. When resting, I can feel the lump and there's slight pain, but it really kicks in when I try to move around. When I first went to the doctor, they did some blood work (CBC, liver, kidneys) and took a urine sample. There was a lot of blood in my urine but no infection. My GFR was 50 and my creatinine was 1.09. They referred me to a nephrologist who diagnosed IgA Nephropathy. She didn't do a biopsy - she explained that the red blood cell casts pointed to that diagnosis. I also saw a urologist and ruled out anything in the bladder. They did a HIDA scan and my gall bladder was slightly sluggish, but they didn't think that was related to the pain. Both doctors say they don't think the lump is related to the kidney problem and it's a "medical mystery" (yes my doctor said that), but it concerns me that they started at the same time (the pain and the hematuria). I had also started having stomach swelling and some digestive problems. I had 2 ct scans - but they didn't show the lump. Another doctor who I was referred to said they did the wrong type of scan and that I would need a chest wall ct scan since the lump seems to be above my rib cage and extends up about 2 inches. I have to wait for the new scan because of no insurance/funds. I've had to cut my work hours over the last few months, so it's been tough. If anyone has any idea what this might be, please reply. I'm hoping that someone can give me some info that will help lead to a diagnosis.
0 Responses
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.