Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Several Symptoms. Undiagnosed.

Hi. In the last 7 months I have had many symptoms and I still am not better/diagnosed. I am an 18 yr old male, average weight with no serious past medical problems. First of all, I had high blood pressure as far back as 2 or 3 years ago for unknown reasons and also vague dizziness. 7 months ago, I had some sort of attack type thing where i got very dizzy, chest pain, rapid and pounding heart and was scared to death. Since then, I have had reoccuring dizziness, chest pain/pressure, rapid/pounding heart rate, fatigue, light headedness, enlarge lymph nodes, ringing in ears, my body parts "fall asleep" very easily, anxiety from being scared, and now i still am experiencing many of these and I am also having night sweats and several other symptoms. My blood pressure stays at about 138/80. I have been tested for many things; ct scan of the head, blood tests, etc etc... my doc put me on a diuretic for blood pressure and medicine for anxiety... I am currently not using them anymore. My anxiety is diminished because I do feel a bit better then 5 months ago. My blood pressure is still a bit high. Can anybody help? please? Thanks for reading if you got this far.
9 Responses
Can you list the tests you've had and the results? This will help us to help you better.
ct scan of the head, a mri or something to look at my renal artery to see if that causes the high blood pressure, blood tests, ecg, holter moniter (1 day), thyroid tests, and several doctors visits. They have all come back fine. Another rather large thing i forgot to mention is that i was also diagnosed with mono, this was about 5 months ago though. I dont think mononucleosis could do all this to me anyways, especially for this long... I hope that helps more. Thanks!
I've tried to match all your symptoms with possible aspartame poisoning. (Many of my own symptoms are mentioned in your post.  I had problems with aspartame for approximately nine years.)
There is a list of symptoms at:

http://www.dorway.com/badnews.html#symptoms

Aspartame poisoning can mimic many different diseases and disorders including Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's Disease, Lupus, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), Epilepsy, Alzheimer's, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lymphoma, Lyme Disease, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Panic Disorder, and Depression and other Psychological Disorders.

Eliminate all aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal) from your diet for 30 or 60 days and see if it makes a difference to you.  I was misdiagnosed for many years when the real problem was diet soda, low-fat yogurt, and sugar-free gum.  Read labels carefully, as aspartame is contained in many products... even over-the-counter flu and cold remedies... and in almost all chewing gum and breath strips.
wow, ill try doing that. thank you. what other foods is it in? and is aspartame listed right in the ingredients sections in foods? and that could possibly be it, because i drink only diet soda, i chew gum, and i eat alot of lowfat yogurt.
Aspartame is in nearly 6,000 products.  It's named Equal, NutraSweet, SugarTwin, and aspartame.  Sometimes it's not listed in the ingredients, but is elsewhere on the label.

Just because chewing gum isn't sugar-free doesn't mean it doesn't contain aspartame!  Aspartame is what gives some gum it's "new longer-lasting flavor."  Be sure to check the label.  Many other counter remedies have aspartame such as TheraFlu and others.  Even some children's chewable vitamins contain aspartame.

Aspartame caused me many, many problems and now I see the government has produced another report declaring it 'safe'.  Right.  See for yourself if aspartame is causing your problems and don't let someone else decide for you.  Eliminating it from your diet for 30-60 days will probably let you know whether it's aspartame affecting you or not.
ok i will be absolutely sure to do so. the thing is, i am not an avid aspertame user, i have the occasional diet coke, and alot of those flavored water drinks, and i also chew sugarfree gum... can i get the poisoning even if i dont use it every single day?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.