Would that won't heal
Dear Doctors,

A few months ago I noticed a small wound on the right side of my lower back. It was scabbed over, so I left it alone to run its course and heal. However, I noticed weeks later that it had not healed completely, and that it remained a scabbed-over wound. I picked the scab, applied a band-aid and antibiotic and hoped that would help it to fully heal. However, it did not. The wound has not healed completely, it just remains scabbed over. What could be the cause of this and what can I do to make the wound heal completely?
I'm not a doctor, first of all.

A zinc deficiency can lend itself to poor healing times. So can other things.
If I were you, I would be diligent about keeping it clean. Followed by applying triple anti-biotics (Neosporin) and applying a band-aid for about 3-5 days (keeping the wound soft and allowing for the Neosporin to work it's way in.)
Continue to keep it clean. After the band-aid, try to let it "air" out.
In the meantime, consider Zinc supplementation and extra C (unless you currently are taking a good Multi-Vit w/ mineral). One sign of Zinc deficiency is white spots on the fingernails.

If you had other wounds that weren't healing, might consider a trip to the Dr. Or, if this wound appears to be infected, despite diligent self treatment-might consider going to the Dr too.

Good luck.