Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

ball of the foot

I have pain on the ball of my foot.  It hurts when ever pressure is put onto it, like walking.  I also have lower back pain due to a buldging disc, wondering if the two are connected.  My foot is a little swollen on top, and I've have this new pain for about a month.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis but possibility of gout or pseudogout is high in you case. Diagnosis can only be confirmed after examination of the fluid under the polarizing microscope.
Other possibilities are injury,bunion,stress fracture,arthritis, bursitis(an inflammation of the fluid filled sacs that protect the toe joints), arthritis-related enthesitis(Inflammation of the entheses due to arthritis) ,lupus and systemic diseases like kidney and heart failure.

Buldging disc will cause pain throughout the course of the nerve that is being compressed and not just at on epoint.
I sincerely advise you to consult a podiatrist and discuss these possibilities with him so as to reach a confirmatory diagnosis.Investigations like serum creatinine,uric acid,x-ray foot and blood tests are needed to confirm a diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.