burning hands and feet and tongue

hello
just recently i have had the feeling of either freezing feet/burning feet and a pain like feeling in my toes
the last couple of days my hands and fingers have been burning occaisional tingling and pain in fingers and toes
and for a while after i have had an alcoholic drink my tounge is tingling the next day  does anyone have any ideas

Burning or tingling sensation along with pain are very common in alcoholics.Try decreasing quantity of alcohol for some days and see if these symptoms persist.

Other possibilities are diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. Common disorders causing paraesthesias are rheumatoid arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome transient ischemic attack, motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.
In case you need m ore information then pls post us. Please do keep me posted. Kind Regards.

thank you very much
i have seen my gp today and he thinks it is to do with my anxiety state
he is doing some blood tests to check everything is ok
my liver fbc b12 renal
i will keep you posted
thank you
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.