Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

chronic right groin pain and right lower quadrant pain

I also have this problem for last few months and all the tests are -VE but still the pain is there. I have noticed that when I took Amoxycillin 500mg for some other treatment(root canal) then this pain was also gone. My doctor told that he cannot prescribe Amoxycillin because I don't have any infection. I have an appointment with Urologist and see what he finds. If he also has no clue then I will try amoxycillin again.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Three possibilities come to my mind; chronic involvement of appendix (many a times ultrasound misses this as the appendix in such cases is hidden behind loops of intestine and typical symptoms of appendicitis are  absent), involvement of kidney and inflammation of your intestine. Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, infection in kidney, kidney stones, constipation, ovary involvement in women, ectopic pregnancy in women, mesentry (a thin tissue that carries the blood, nerves and lymphatics for the intestine) involvement, and an abscess in rectus abdominis muscle or psoas muscle can all cause lower right abdomen pain. Go through this and see if any of these were missed. If you had surgeries in the past then the pain can be due to adhesions.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care