Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

discomfort and swelling of the right side of abdomin

My abdomin swells mainly on the right side of the belly button and feels like a ball is in there.  This is not gas, I've tried gas pills just to be sure.  I've had the symptoms for over a year.  My Gyn check for cysts last year, only small ones were found.  I gone to my reg. Dr. thought it was acid.  Not!  Where do I go next?
A gastrointestinal doctor is a great place to start.  could be problems with gallbladder.

good luck.
I would try another gynocologist could be fibroids. These are usually associated with heavy painful periods though. Could be a number of things.

'Lower right abdominal pain shall be defined as abdominal pain occurring to the right of an imaginary line drawn below the belly button or umbilicus.'

http://www.abdopain.com/lower-right-abdominal-pain.html

You need to consult a doctor to rule out appendicitis, kidney stones, diverticulitis, crohn's disease, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, fibroids, etc.

The further plan of management would involve -

'-Blood tests including full blood count, electrolytes, urea, creatinine, liver function tests, pregnancy test and lipase.
-Urinalysis
-Imaging including erect chest X-ray and plain films of the abdomen
-An electrocardiograph to rule out a heart attack which can occasionally present as abdominal pain

If diagnosis remains unclear after history, examination and basic investigations as above then more advanced investigations may reveal a diagnosis. These as such would include

-Computed Tomography of the abdomen/pelvis
-Abdominal or pelvic ultrasound
-Endoscopy and colonoscopy'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_pain

Let us know about what your doctor advises and if you need any further information.

Regards.