Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

kathy

Last Monday...today is Sunday...I had blood drawn for a cholesterol test.  At the time, the needle hurt going in but I didn't think too much about it.  Wednesday I started experiencing pain in my forearm which got worse with each passing day.  Saturday I went to the doctor and he said maybe she had damaged a nerve or tendon.  Today whenever I stretch out my arm, I feel like I'm being stabbed in the forearm.  I've also developed a bruise over the area where the "stabbing" occurs.  It kind of feel like I have stitches in that area and I'm pulling the stitches.  Has anyone ever heard of this happening?  It's driving me nuts!
I had the same experience as you. Although it was't quite as bad about two weeks ago I went in for a procedure where the nurse had to put an IV in my arm she couldnt find a vein large enough so she put the needle on the side of my wrist. It hurt so bad I nearly cried. She said oh we have lot of nerves in that area. The pain was like an electical shock to my thumb and pointer. They are still partially numb on the inside and when I reach for something with those two fingers I still get that shock that makes me drop whatever I pick up. I'm just hoping with time they will go back to normal. If not then I  guess I will have to see my neurologist I doubt he can help anyway.  Good Luck