over all muscle stiffness

i have been suffering muscle stiffness and pain for the passed 2 years my whole body is now affected.  i had a disability dr say he thought my reflexes were very sluggish and jerky, i have been suffering from pins and needles, numbness and pain in my lower legs-feet-toes  and arms-hands-fingers .  i seem to be unsteady when walking  sometime.  recently my facial muscles even feel stiff.  it feels like they are swollen and puffy but they are not.  its like i have a mask on my face and my jaw has become very painful and stiff at times. my hands and feet feel like i have a glove over them, my fingers and toes feel very stiff to move.  i sometimes feel as if my facial expressions and speach are being affected.  my husband has noticed the problems too.  i have just had an eye test and the optitian said i need to see a neurologist as my eye muscles are showing signs of stiffning and this would help with a diagnosis.  my dr thought i might have carpall tunel due to my hand stiffning up but the consultant said it was very important i see a neurologist, but i was not refered.  what can this be, i feel like am am 80 but i am only 41.
I would push my gp to see a specialist - neurologist or autoimmune specialist.  Could be anything- something serious or something small.  Sometimes, you really have to be persistant.  We assume Dr knows best - but when it comes down to it, YOU KNOW your body better than anyone.  The symptoms you are having are not normal for you - even if you have to change gp - don't give up.  Maybe try to google some of your symtoms like skin tightening or stiffness - or try autoimmune diseases....I wish I could help - but I wish you alot of luck.  Keep us posted and let us know how things are going.  Take care.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.